From: "Igor Gmitrovic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] 10 best options I want

> Brad,
>
> we do linking in a different way, using footprint and other info to
extract the part's stock code from the database. That is then used to create
BOM. You are doing it the other way around, to manage your design.

> As for the Bob's "long winded" explanation, it has more points then the
initial post. As a design rule, we don't update SCH from PCB, so can't
comment on that. On the other hand, if you update PCB from SCH or reload the
netlist and tick 'Update footprints', your footprints will be updated with
the latest info from the PCB library. I did that couple of weeks ago, after
the major changes in our PCB library and it works. Hope Bob does not break
his keyboard now ;-)

> Regards,
>
> Igor

The