Brad,
Thanks for your understanding (many before have not really seen where I was
coming from on this), on where
I am coming from as far as functionality.
Yup, you are right I realize they are not really
bugs, just the way Protel works. I kinda thought we were discussing a wish
list for options though.
And in all honesty that term Protel uses for
"Update Footprint" is kind of misleading from
where I come from in other CAD systems.
I do understand now how it works and still just wish it worked differently.
Also you are right other sytems have
problems with this also, but at least give you the
ability to update all footprints to the latest version in the library if you
wanted to. Also the ability to define
alternates properly so the system knows about them.
I tend to like setting things up once in a library
and hopefully not having to touvh it again. But realizing
there needs to be some flexibility in there to adjust
as you go also. Also in a service environment it would be very very helpful
if update in Schematic for library footprints worked just a bit different,
like stated earlier.
Thanks
Bob Wolfe