Jeff,
        I am saying that it does exactly what you have now stated, with one
minor exception. Somewhere you must have set Directory X the first time or
it had come up by default at that location. Your system works identical to
what I would expect and I agree it is a nuisance/peeve. I have just learned
to live with it and remember to change the directory with each new project.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.