Jami,
        if your projects(PCBs) are X and ZZZ then you are not overwriting
the old files. You may be overwriting an earlier version of the same files
or just re-writing the directory name if there was an existing directory of
the same name with no existing gerber files. If the PCB file names are
different then there is no overwriting of previous PCB gerbers.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.