Bob, Jami,
        I can't remember if it is PCB or SCH but one or the other doesn't
allow the select outside to work for out of bounds items. The sure fire way
is to select all and move the whole works until the out of bounds item
becomes visible. The other possible manner to make it work is to select all,
then deselect inside (the good items) in your database then move the out of
bounds item within the work area. Through a combination of the three methods
you will always get anything that is hidden out of bounds.

        Bob, based upon my experiences I would think that this out of bounds
item(s) could definitely be the source of your problem.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.