Bob,

Cntl-Del will do nothing by itself, if nothing is "selected", but Cntl-Del
should delete all "selected" items in 99SE PCB.

Try again using Edit > Select > Outside Area, and then enclosing the PCB,
dimensions, title block, notes, etc. (everything you want to save). This
should "select" everything outside the "enclosed area", which includes the
via or whatever it is out to the left off screen that you can't get to. Then
once those things are "selected", then do your Cntl-Del to delete everything
"selected".

You might experiment by copying a via or two or some other junk off to the
right side of the design somewhere, outside of the "enclosed area", and
trying the above procedure just to make sure it deletes that junk. If not,
you either got a real problem with your database, or your install.

Cntl-Del is a "keyboard shortcut" key combination, and should work unless
for some reason you are loosing some or all of your "keyboard shortcut"
keys. I hate to bring up an old issue, but this is just what happened with
the old "wheel mouse" issue, where the second you touched the wheel, all of
the "keyboard shortcuts" went "south for the winter". It may well be that
you are loosing some or all of your "keyboard shortcuts" for yet another
P99SE problem.

Or is it possible that you have "customized" your own "Shortcut Table", and
somehow  lost or reassigned the Cntl-Del functionality? Check to make sure
that you still have "PCB:Clear" assigned to "Ctrl+Delete", as Protel calls
it.

If all else fails here, you might just want to "select" everything that you
want to keep, and copy it into a new database, just to see if that fixes the
problem.

JaMi