with ports and nets global the Ports have no electrical value, they contribute nothing to the design routing as connectivity is by the globally defined nets. If you wish to connect to local nets with different names via a common named port you must set the net identifier scope to be ports global (or sheet symbol / port connections if you have a project sheet)

chris lowe

Brad Velander wrote:

Hi all,
        well I finally had to break my normal pattern of flat hierarchy this morning.
I am having difficulties getting sheet symbols to connect to the subsheet ports.
Everything netlists and updates to the PCB just fine except for the 4 points that
connect between sheets. What am I missing here?

I have checked that the ports seem to connect to the wire at the correct point. This
is not the easiest, nor am I sure of this one, because the electrical snap grid
doesn't work consistently. It doesn't always show me the enlarged dot when I try to
connect to the port, sometimes it does but not always.
I have 4 ports, IP1, OP1, IP2 & OP2.
In my sheet symbol they are set as input, output, input & output respectively.
On the subsheet I have the ports set as output, input, output & input respectively.
When synchronizing I have ports and nets set to global.

The only thing that doesn't connect are the 4 port connections. What am I missing guys?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.