Chris,
        why is the net connectivity called "Net Labels and Ports Global"? This seems
to be the root of the problem, call it semantics or call it a bug, the statement
implies ports and nets are both treated globally. But it is becoming apparent that
they aren't, the question now is? Do the ports perform their connectivity between
individual sheets or not, let alone globally.
        However, in my case I did not even rely on any global connectivity tricks of
the ports, I wired the desired signals directly to the sheet entries and directly to
the ports on the subsheet. The ports and sheet entries only had to perform their
expected connectivity between the master sheet and the subsheet, it failed to do this.
I still don't know why but according to Craig from Altium, it just plain won't work.
Possibly he misunderstood my issue and therefore his answer was not correct but he
seemed pretty sure of the fact that it didn't work because the only way to make ports
work was by not having any form of nets global in the connectivity setting. Not going
to happen, I don't need to spend hours connecting multiple sheets together on a top
level master sheet that nobody will even want to view. Thus I typically use a flat
hierarchy and global nets. This case was special because they tried to jam too much
circuitry into a an existing schematic where my only option was to connect through a
sheetsymbol in place of the former integrated device schematic symbol.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.