Hi John,
        well your test DDB should work because you seem to have all the ports wired
between the sheets. What I tried to do was as follows.

        I normally work in a flat hierarchy. I use a top sheet that simple has sheet
symbols to tie the project sheets together as a project. There are no sheet entries,
no port symbols in the sheets and I use global nets to tie between sheets and when
designing the schematics I usually try to put the intersheet connections near the left
or right sheet edges and label them according to which sheets the continue on.

        In this one sheet that was quite packed with components, we removed a
purchased bandpass filter that was represented as a schematic symbol block with a few
pins, it was in the middle of the packed schematic sheet. In it's place I stuck a
small sheet symbol to replace the bought component with a sheet containing a discrete
filter design. There was no room to add the schematic components on the main sheet and
I figured the sheet symbol would fit within the space formerly occupied by the
bandpass filter symbol. The sheet symbol had two ports, "in" and "out", I did the
lower sheet with two port symbols "in" and "out" then added the discrete bandpass
filter design.

        So what I was doing was trying to connect the circuit through the two ports,
maintain my global power nets (not hidden) and I did this twice for two filters. I set
my connectivity to Net Labels and Ports Global. One would expect this to work, I was
using global nets (works all the time for me) and I was using wired sheet entries and
port symbols (note I wasn't relying on ports being global or anything of the sort,
just straight wired connections).

        Well according to my experience and Craig's comments it doesn't work. This was
my recollection as well but wanted to refresh my memory amongst the gang. It baffles
me because I had the ports wired, so why didn't they work? They weren't relying on the
global connectivity. Another Protel programming genius at work? Ports Global means
don't connect ports?

        If you want, I can prep my Schematic (take out the juicy proprietary stuff) to
show the issue and email it to you later ( I am a bit busy trying to get these jobs
out the door at the moment and One of the DDBs is showing signs of some sort of
corruption. You know the zooming out into never-never land when you zoom all. Tried
all the usual tricks for that problem, none have worked thus far. Going into ASCII
search mode next.)

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient,  please
notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy
the information in any medium.  Thank you.