At 07:21 PM 7/24/2003, you wrote:
Bill,
I am not sure if you missed a detail in your description or by using the netlist format output, there is something different occurring than I experience. I use the synchronizer and I typically always use Nets and Ports global, it works great with globally unique nets.

Sure it does. But that is its weakness. It *requires* globally unique nets. So you can't re-use design unless you go through it to rename nets that might conflict. With sheet entry/port connections, the net names on subsheets become completely irrelevant -- except for power nets. (All this is 99SE, it may be different in DXP). Power nets can be a major p-in-the-a, and this was just as much a problem in OrCAD Capture. Of course, you can simply avoid using power nets at all. +12V doesn't really care if it is a power net or an ordinary net.

If you are designing with blocks, and you have many instances of each block, global nets require you to rename all the nets for each block. That can not only be tedious, it is error-prone. You really should investigate sheet entry/port connections. It can be a little weird at first and there are some quirks, but overall I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

Damn this list server is nearly completely broke, I posted a reply this morning and still haven't seen it show up yet, approx. 8 hours later. I haven't had one message cycle through the listserver in less than 5 - 7 hours in the past couple of days. No volume of posts and it is slower than it ever was in the heydays. So much for the wonderful support available within 15 minutes as it used to be on this list.

If you are stuck you can always post to [EMAIL PROTECTED] It is usually much faster to turn around posts and, as you know, most major writers are subscribed to it. The only thing that we discourage is posting the same question to both lists (since nearly everone on the yahoogroup is also subscribed, we think, to the Techserv list), but you can do it if you need the help, i.e., if you post, say, to Techserv and the list seems to be slow or down.