John,
        could the difference come in with which point you started drawing your wire?
Starting at the resistor pin or starting from the other connection first? Just a
thought. One would have to see exactly how you wired to or past that pin to understand
exactly how you are getting the results that you got.

        As well I always work with the auto junction on and have never turned it off.
But doesn't the autojunction just aid in making junctions, it doesn't exclude making
junctions.

        Using ERC is still the only way to check a schematic, especially for
missed/misplaced pin connections.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer