Hello All,
        I have a schematic of a board that I just had fabricated.  When I drew the
schematic,  I did so with the  Auto-Junction  feature turned off.  I always
draw schematics like this because of problems that I have had in the past
with the  Auto-Junction  feature placing junctions where I don t want them.
During testing of the new board,  my boss brought me the schematics asking
why I failed to attach one end of a pull-up resistor to the +5 volt supply.
I had simply forgot to place a junction at the point where the wires
intersected.  My mistake.

        In looking at the board,  the connection was made.  I ran a netlist.  It
showed that the connection was made.  How can this be?  I added the
junction,  created another netlist.  The netlist showed that the connection
was still made,  as expected.  I then deleted the dot,  created another
netlist.  The connection was still there.  The only way that I could remove
the connection was to delete the wires and redraw them.  After that the
schematic started to behave as expected.  No junction,  no connection.  I
also tried the procedure on other junctions on the same schematic page.  I
could not reproduce the error.

        I have no idea how this error (bug) originally happened.  It has made me
loose all faith in Protel s schematic capture side.  Has anyone else seen
this behavior?  How can I deal with this problem without checking the entire
netlist before I bring it over to the PCB?  Argh!!!!!

        Looks like it is time to start looking for a new PCB design software.
Beware and good luck.

John Branthoover            :
Electrical Design Engineer  :
Acutronic  R & D            :Phone  (412) 968-1051
640 Alpha Drive             :Fax    (412) 963-0816
Pittsburgh PA 15238         :Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
USA                         :WEB    http://www.acutronic.com