yes, it is rather 'exciting' isn't it?
guess it depends on what you mean by 'exciting'

i think it all smells pretty bad too
unfortunately it is highly consistent with their development history,
although their business practices have morphed a bit

i must say though that for someone like myself who was not happy with
the bugs and shortcomings which could have been easily addressed but
were left in 99SE, 99SE's makeover as DXP, the falsehoods propagated
about the Situs router, etc etc.
i am beginning to think that i have only myself to blame for not
having gone elsewhere long ago

however, i will not join any class action action as i am opposed
to them as a matter of principle

i wonder if we would be better off if Altium had stuck by their
Total Care or whatever it was called
Maybe they wouldn't have to chase new seats so hard.
(idle and pointless speculation here, sorry)

acad offers some interesting parallels:
they added some features (forget catchy name) which was some
sort of interactive internet crap
for each of the last few upgrades the first thing i had to do was turn
off
most of the NEW internet related features and helpers

As i understand it (I have not upgraded to ACAD2004)
ACAD2004 is a very compelling upgrade though!  :) :)
they changed some colors of some menus
they made the license much more restrictive
they removed SAVE AS release 14 (which is probably what most people use)

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003