> 2.8 has that option also. Under Options preferences unclick Nearest
> component and it will list the possibles.

Wow, someone else who remembers 2.8 better than I do.  Hot dawg!

I still keep 2.8 around for the occasional PCB that needs to be manually
optimized for parts placement and routing on the fly.  For this I need the
pin swapping feature in ADVPCB 2.8, which is sadly missing from 99SE.  Weird
stuff, like circular high-pin count connectors terminating on IC pins, on a
2-sided PCB.  There is no practical way to know this stuff when drawing the
schematic, so I do an initial schematic with all swappable pins given net
labels.  Bring it into the PCB, see how it looks, start pins swapping and
manual routing.  When done, go back and fix the schematic, then compare
netlists to make sure they match.  I know, that's not the way it's supposed
to be done, but it's better than requiring a multi-layer board to do the
same thing.  The design flow in 99SE and later seems to preclude this "shoot
from the hip" technique.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.