From: "Laurie Biddulph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 7:33 PM
Subject: [PEDA] Transparent footprints

Hi, I hope you all had a happy Xmas.
I need to place two large components on a pcb that will actually be on
spacers and connected to the main board by short wire links. As the items
are relatively large (one of them is one of those standard 2- or 4-line LCD
modules) the footprint for these will be quite large yet be basically
empty - there will be four spacers, one for each corner, plus a short
multi-way connector. Is there any way of creating this as a component
footprint so that it may be correctly moved and position on the main board
yet still allow Protel to freely place components and tracks in the free
area under these components?

As the position of the spacers relative to the connector is fairly critical
it is preferable that this is one single component.

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
http://www.elby-designs.com