UP front: Sorry for the cross-post

I just visited Texas instruments and am in some haste to make changes to a
board layout (the chip I used in original layout has become a long-lead
item, too long, infact, for our company meet delivery to our
customer)...Anyway, I was looking up footprint info and discovered that TI
provides footprints in several formats, none of which is PCAD or Protel...

So,

it dawned on me that unless users of these programs tell the semiconductor
comanies that they want/need/should have footprints provided for them, then
the semiconductor companies aren't goning to do it on their own.

I'm not beeging for someone else's footprint, just pointing out that though
I here time and time again from vendors and small businesses that they use
packages like those produced by Altium, there doesn't appear to be agreat
amount of native support from component mfgs. It just doesn't seem right,
even if we're not the "big boys..."

Just a suggestion folks.When you vist sites like TI.com, and when you're
looking for footprint info, I would urge you to take the extra 1-1/2 minutes
to urge them to provide such support...

this is the addres of ti's suggestions box...
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/symfoot/requestedcadformat.tsp?downloadType
=F
<http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/symfoot/requestedcadformat.tsp?downloadTyp
e=F>

 Speak or be invisible...

Andrew J Jenkins
Electrical Engineer
Dover Automation Company
Subsidiary of Avtron Manufacturing Inc.
v: 216 642-1230 x1228
f: 216 750-5105

This message is sent using PostCast Server Professional Trial:
http://www.postcastserver.com/