http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/symfoot/requestedcadformat.tsp?downloadType
> =F

<http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/symfoot/requestedcadformat.tsp?downloadTyp
> e=F>
>
>  Speak or be invisible...

Or "speak and still be invisible" ?  I don't know about you, but my
experience with webforms as a means of feedback is dismal.  I think over the
years I have gotten less than a 5% response from a feedback webform.  I
guess those webforms submissions disappear into /dev/null.  So I rarely use
them.  Sending e-mail to a specific address (not [EMAIL PROTECTED]) is
marginally better.  If you can get anyone on the phone, that's even better,
but it's hard to do.

It didn't give me a lot of confidence when NASA a few months ago instituted
a webform (or was it an e-mail address?) that safety concerns could be
submitted to.  This was in response to the tragic accident of the space
shuttle in 2003.  It was touted as part of the solution to safety.  When I
saw that report on the news my first thought was "oh, great, another way to
make safety complaints disappear".

As to footprints, when I have a choice of part vendors, I do give preference
to the vendors that provide footprint drawings.  It's sad that footprint
information is less common with SMT parts.  I guess they figure you need to
know how big to make the hole for TH parts, but you can be left to your own
for SMT pads.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.