Good question Joe

I plan to phase out my usage with Spectra, Since I have an older version, with not
quite all the bells and whistles.  Alot of the "bells" in Spectra dont work any way.
What I have found is ...SPECTRA like all the other routers were written 20 years ago.
Spectra has not kept  up with the latest footprint technology. Spectra has a difficult
time keeping bundled busses together.  Has problems fanning out ( Advantage goes to
ELECTRA for fanout, but I use pre fanned parts)    Dont get me wrong SPECTRA  is
....the best router on the market at any price.
ELECTRA is a newcomer. I have been using it with great success and the enginnering
department at ELECTRA is in tune with its users.  They are receptive to inputs and
will turn a suggetion around fairly quickly.  Give this company time,  they will be a
major player in the CAE market.

You guys need to plunk 3 K down and purchase the ELECTRA router. Then  learn to use
it. I never like to hear "WE ALWAYS ROUTE BY HAND". That  tells me you are designing
small boards, or dont know how to use a router.  or you are simply farming out a
design that should take you about half the time.   Dont just hit GO and expect a
rotuer to work.  I might spend days thinking about routing stategies.   I  spend days
tuning parts to open channels.  I might make several passes, and adjust my rules.
Rules driven routing can control vias, number of vias, line lengths, pairing, layers
line widths, and spacing.  Routers work!

And yes I am finally becoming an expert at something....it may be auto routing

Mike Reagan