At 08:23 PM 5/29/2004, Ian wrote:
The 99SE global edits could be done with just the mouse, or a couple of characters. This means that the right hand stayed on the mouse and the left hand stayed on the keyboard, which is how most of the time is spent in the program.

Exactly how I run the vast bulk of the ones I do. The complex ones require complex typing but these are things you couldn't do in P99SE or you had to do as much typing.

If you have to type sentences into a dialogue box,

That is what the Find Similar Object dialog is designed to stop you having to do. I really do get tired of typing this. Every one new to the query language should now write out by hand 100 times - "I know what the FSO is."

Ian,

I don't have much DXP experience yet, but so far I'd be inclined to agree with Hamid. For a number of simple 99se edits that I've tried in DXP, I haven't been able to find a simple DXP method.

Here is an example: Change the designator height and width for all '0402' footprints.

This can be done in one dialog box with 7 mouse clicks (excluding typing the new height/width values) in 99se. I have not been unable to find a simple way to do this in DXP. The problem I see in this case is that DXP does not select or mask designators along with their components.

I hope that you can prove me wrong.

JM