On 01:04 PM 9/06/2004, John Dammeyer said:
Sorry, that's just not true. If I install the Protel on a system with a 1024x768 screen the
bottom of the parent EDA window with scroll bars is clearly visible. If I install it into a system
that has 1280x1024 screen same thing. If I now reduce the system resolution to 1024x768 from the
1280x768, the bottom of the parent vanishes. You can shrink it and do whatever but you can't get
the bottom of the window into sight. It can't be stretched out. That means somewhere, Protel is
hiding the installation screen dimensions. In a .ini file or some place in the registry. And,
it's the only windows program I have ever run that has this problem.

It is actually storing the size of some of its internal windows, more than the screen resolution - but works out the same from your point of view.

There are ini files and DFT and RCS files stored in the Windows folder. The names are pretty clear - I think the mostly contain "...99SE" in the name.

My guess would be Cleint99SE.ini - you could edit it or just rename it so it gets recreated and filled with default values on next startup. You may want to back it up first.

Tony is right in the sense that the application is not really all that resolution-aware but it will try to start up with the same sized windows as at the last shutdown.

The problem could be in another of the configuration files - you could just back them all up and delete them all - but if you take the rcs files you will loose any customisations you have made (I doubt these rcs files would affect the screen like you are seeing though).

Ian