I tried it on my notebook with a native resolution of 1024x768. I had 99SE
running and I minimized it so I could see the desktop. I lowered the
resolution to 800x600, and then maximized 99SE; it looked fine.

The odd part is that I made 99SE roughly 90% of the screen (so I could gain
access to the desktop and resize up again while watching 99SE, and got this
"Client99se" error dialog box:

Win32 Error. Code 1447
The window does not have scroll bars.

So I restarted 99se, and tried it again, but this time the application was
not maximized, it was 90% of the screen as I reduced to 800x600. The client
shell occupied 99.9% of the available screen resolution and still had the
maximize button available.  It looked ok.

I did this over and over and couldn't get the above error, but after about 5
or 6 times, I got a new error:

In the "Client99se" error dialog box:

A Win32 API function failed.

So I didn't get the same issue you did, but there is something wrong in the
area.

Why did I do this? Heck, I don't know. I'm just up reading emails in the
morning here, and decided to goof off I guess. These is no fixing any 99se
things anymore so I suppose it was a complete waste of time...

I still stand by my first message thought. The app doesn't have specific
control based on screen resolution. It does 'rememeber' its windowed size in
the INI file so it will open as it was when you closed it (as Ian
mentioned).

Oh well,
Tony