Andrew Dupont wrote:
> That bothers me because simply querying '#story p:first-letter'
> modifies the document.  $$ is a mechanism for reading nodes, not
> modifying them, so I think the confusion this would cause would
> outweigh any syntactic elegance.

I agree.  And that give me a much better picture of the vision for the
$$ roadmap.

It would seem that additions in order of usefulness would be something
like this:

:not(s)
:checked
:enabled
:disabled
:first-child
:last-child
:empty
:only-child
:nth-child(n)
:nth-last-child(n)
:first-of-type
:target
:last-of-type
:nth-of-type(n)
:nth-last-of-type(n)

I'll start drafting and testing my ideas for the top few.

Regards,

Ken