On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:57 AM Wael M. Nasreddine <
wael.nasredd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 9:53 PM taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/29/2017 10:28 PM, Wael M. Nasreddine wrote:

>> > Ok got the CPU and the cooler.
>> Man dual 6386, that is gonna be one speed demon :D lucky bastard!
>>
> It'll be awesome.
>
> >   I'm struggling to find a good case.
>> If you have the money I would get a supermicro 4U case, they are nice
>> (one that comes with front drive trays preferably)
>>
> I couldn't find a Supermicro that's compatible with EEB, is E-ATX the same
> as EEB? It has the same dimensions, but I think it has different mounting
> screws right?
>
> >   There
>> > are plenty of choice, and since this would be my first server case
>> build,
>> > I'm not sure what to look for. For example, here's newegg search
>> > <
>> https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008044&IsNodeId=1&Description=4u%20case&bop=And&SrchInDesc=EEB&Page=1&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH
>> >
>> > for 4U cases having EEB keyword (no EEB filter offered), this case seems
>> > cheap enough
>> > https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219020 but
>> has
>> > 80mm fans in the middle, not 120mm. I've seen a few cases with 120mm
>> > mid-fans but did not support EEB. Do you have a link for a case you work
>> > with?
>> My case is a shorter model 80mil in the back 120 for both front drive
>> bays no room for middle fans.
>>
>> That case seems fine, although can you tell me the price and shipping? I
>> can't see it as I browse with JS off.
>>

> That case is $86.99 free shipping.
>
> For the power supply, what do you think of this one
> https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817338110 (sells
> for 119.99 + 4.99 shipping). Do you have an example for the power supply
> with modular cables?

Actually, the above power supply wouldn't work (the board requires 24pin,
and I need about 700W. I found this one
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD245CD7980 for $316,
quite pricy for a PSU, any suggestion?

What do you recommand for the TPM module?