On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 5:19 PM taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 12/28/2017 05:43 PM, Wael M. Nasreddine wrote:
>
> > Thx for the tip, yea might not worth the $70 to buy used, I'll keep an
> eye
> > out for RAM/CPU on eBay. BTW on the manual of the board, it says that I
> can
> > go with <4 or >4 RAM sticks but from what you said so far, it sounded
> like
> > I need to fill all the slots, is that necessary? I'm intending to get
> 8Gb a
> > stick to fill 64Gb. I don't think I need more than that.
> You need two sticks per CPU for dual channel, four per CPU for quad
> channel (very slight performance improvement)

Thanks for the tip.

> The life of board components is much shorter than
> >> Hey I am curious are you from the middle east?
> >>
> >> Yes, I'm originally from Lebanon, but I left a decade and half ago. I
> live now in the US.
> Oh neat.
> It is so sad whats happening in that area, so many people and so much
> cultural heritage sites gone just because of a difference in
> ideology....my I can't believe some people still think the black outfit
> scumbag unit just showed up out of a mirage in the desert like magic.

Yes, it's aweful, it got me depressed for many years, history just keep
repeating itself :(

> >> are
> >>>
> >> 4U always is recommended as you can use larger fans, with decent fans
> >> and running fancontrol or the OpenBMC firmware on the KCMA-D8 and
> >> KGPE-D16 they are almost silent and one can watch a film without
> complaint.
> >>
> > Thx for the tip, I'll opt for OpenBMC in that case.
> If you want this make sure your vendor is selling your the KGPE-D16 with
> the ASMB module so you don't have to buy it later, it should say it in
> the SKU title.

I couldn't find one with the module, is the module really needed?

Also, what do you think about this CPU fan
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Noctua-NH-U12DO-A3/332385518775? It'll end up $87
ea, on Newegg it's $129 each. I'm going with this CPU
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332501959819, the person selling is near me. I
couldn't find a 6380SE for less than $150. I'm looking right now for the
case, there are so many out there but I'm going to focus on a 4U case with
120mm fans.

What GPU do you have? I don't plan to purchase it now, but I would love to
be able to play some games sometime in the future.

I'm wondering, which state are you in?