Yes, I read that thread as well. The last post in that thread did not enable
IOMMU on Linux, the second to last did and it's the same procedure I linked in
my first post on superuser.com.

However, adding these parameters while booting the Qubes installer doesn't seem
to have an effect. Are you suggesting I just proceed with the installation
regardless and try to set these parameters in the grub booting config after I
get up and running?

Sandro