I meant qemu-kvm not VirtualBox. I now see this table [1] that claims that Xen
doesn't support IOMMU on rev.1 of our mobo have, but does on rev.2. I'll
probably go with the alternative I have in mind then since, unless someone else
has any ideas.

If not, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Sandro

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IOMMU-supporting_hardware#Motherboards_2