On 2008/12/07, at 12:41, Anton J Aylward wrote:

I'm trying to use the  Next/Previous mechanism

I have in the layout for the articles this in the sidebar

Prev: <r:previous><r:link/></r:previous> <br/>
Next: <r:next><r:link/></r:next> <br/>

That's fine, up to a point.

I have some articles that are not yet published - hidden.
They appear as next/previous
and when the link is clicked I get the "file not found" message.

Same if the next/prv is "draft" or "reviewed".

Is there something that should be a wrapper here that limits the scope? Becuase I don't think it should be behaving like this and there doens't
seem to any contextual help for them.

(Nor does 'blog' in the help search turn up anything.)

Not sure about the problem there, but you might want to have a look at the blog_tags extension, it adds a few handy tags, next/previous being among those (and if I recall properly from the last time I used it, it only considers published pages).

http://github.com/santry/blogtags

--
The state is made for man, not man for the state.... That is to say the
state should be our servant and not we its slaves.