I am not at all trying to be contradictory; quite the contrary; but I think
it's well to state one's own experience if it might help others. The Great,
Flaming, Roaring cosmic principle applies: *YMMV.*

My own experience is that even very thin-casing tubeless tires don't
require pumping any more often than thin clinchers with thin tubes. In
fact, I overfilled the fron Big One on the Matthews 3 weeks ago,
I guesstimate north of 25 (couldn't use my tire gauge because of the
blockage), and was annoyed because the valve was glued shut by the sealant,
but was too lazy to remove the core. Now, 3 weeks or more later, I've lost
a few psi, so the pressure is probably about the usual 20-21 or so. I do
think that OS in particular builds up a skin on the inside of tubeless
tires, so this may be a factor; but even when using Stan's -- which dried
into octopuses and not skins -- I didn't find that I had to pump more often
than with tubes.

As for very low pressures: I think that depends on the tire. The
lighter-than-Rene-Herse Big Ones feel fast at 16 psi; where they feel bad
is in corners, what with the sidewall flop -- supple-er tires require more
air pressure to support the sidewalls than heavier tires. Likewise, today I
had another slow leak on the gofast; noticed the rear was soft because I
started bouncing, but I felt no more drag.

Patrick Moore, who thinks that it's about time to change that rear Elk Pass