Noel J. Bergman wrote:

sander's post early on this thread (quite reasonably) suggested that
it'd be a good idea for the repository team to think about how to
handle incubating projects in general (before any more come along). i
think that sounds like a very reasonable plan.

Agreed. And it would be helpful if the Repository team was aware, as the rest of infrastructure is, that releases must be voted on by a PMC. If there is a request for publication, it should be cc'd to the PMC and made sure that the PMC doesn't raise a flag. That's the same as we do when creating new accounts, lists, etc.

BTW, this is a reason IMHO that shows how a notifocation system can increase the control loop over what we publish.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -