>>>>> "dep" == David Powell <David.Powell at sun.com> writes:

dep>   One of the problems is that we have no good way to measure the
dep>   quality of their mentoring.

I think the idea was to treat the level-3 folks as interns, similar to
the way new ARC members are brought on board.

It's been several years since I was on LSARC, but (IIRC) the way we
handled it was that every case got assigned a regular ARC member as the
owner, whether or not there was an intern.  If there was an intern, the
intern did most of the work.  But the owner got cc'd on all the email.

Would something like that be sufficient to address your concerns here?

mike