I'd go for a USB CD-RW drive. They're affordable, especially in the media
department, offer plenty of capacity for one or two computers, and they're
useful for storage other than just backup.

Retrospect Express 4.3 supports the widest array of USB CD-RW drives, and it
ships free with Sony's Spressa drives. In September, QPS will begin bundling
Retrospect Express with all their storage devices.

Be sure to check http://www.dantz.com for a complete list of supported
devices.

Eric Ullman
Dantz Development