Retrospect also allows you to password protect an archive. When you create a new
backup set, there is a button that says secure.  I just use the password only so
I don't know what the other two choices offer. (the second choice sounds like
basic encryption and the third choice sounds like even better encryption but
slower.  I keep my tapes in a secure area so I feel comfortable just using the
password protection.

If you really wanted to be picky, you could use a combination of these ideas and
have to enter a password several times.  I would test this idea before you
implement it though. Who know what multiple encryption would do.