Absolutely! St. Bernard Software's Open File Manager will allow Retrospect
to back up most open files. For more specifics, pricing, etc., contact St.
Bernard. You would install Open File Manager on a Windows client being
backed up by Retrospect for Windows only. Retrospect for Mac does not
trigger OFM.

In addition, some database applications can create a mirror of an open
database file which can be backed up by Retrospect (since the mirror would
be an inactive copy). If your open files are being used by one of these
applications, you can look into trying this.

Dantz's resource for database backup is at:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=db_addons

You can sign up here to be notified when we release a SQL agent and find out
what other agents are in development.

Regards,

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support