Hi,

I've upgraded to 1.5 RC2 also without issue.  I then decided to setup
pylucene, which I had not done before.  This is on RHEL 5.1 with
python 2.4.  The release notes mentioned compatibility with pylucene
3.x.  My first attempt was with the latest version 3.0.2-1.  I was
able to build and install, enable search in RB, and create the search
database.  When trying to search within RB I got the "taking a nap"
page.  Adding "Debug = True" showed a long Traceback in apache error
log.  Same result with pylucene 2.9.0-1.  Seeing other messages here
about 2.9 being a pre-3.0, I tried 2.4.1-2.  That worked.

Nevermind - I just found the problem.  Putting details here in case
someone else does the same thing.  So I switched back to pylucene
3.0.2-1 to get the error log since I didn't save it.  And it worked.
Turns out the problem was the search directory path I was putting in
the admin settings.  When using "data/lucene_search" I got the "taking
a nap" and a long Traceback in the apache error log.  Changing the
admin settings to the full path to the search directory location fixes
it.

I went back to pylucene 2.4.1-2 to see what happens with the relative
path of "data/lucene_search".  It doesn't show "taking a nap", rather
a javaError saying it can't create "/data/lucene_search".  That's what
led me to putting in the absolute path.

Daryl