Hi Sam,

I understand that this is something you want ASAP, having just gone through
an install. However, it's important to know that for the moment at least,
Review Board is in no way our full-time job. It's something we work on in
the evenings and weekends when time permits, and really there's only two of
us doing the development. There are several hundred companies, all asking
for different things. Bug fixes. Students to mentor year-round. Features
that are important. Architectural changes that are important. Compatibility
fixes for different platforms. Workarounds for problems in third party
dependencies.

And that's after we put in more than a full day's work at our day job, at
which we have many responsibilities.

Installation has come a long way, actually. We've done a lot to improve the
process, and I'm pleased to say that we're easier to install in many ways
than most other Python-based webapps. There's still a long ways to go, and
we're making strides in that, but we're not there yet. On Windows, we have
the prototype Windows installer that we hope to ship in the next release. In
Linux, it's a two-step process to get a site going, for most installs (there
will always be variations in webserver configs that we can't fully address
of course).

It's a harder problem than it sounds. At $DAYJOB, we develop commercial
software on top of Linux, and you wouldn't believe how big a problem that
is, since every distro does something slightly different and you can't
always fully depend on one method or another for installing your software
and dependencies. Before working there, I spent years development package
management tools. So I'm pretty familiar with the problems associated with
it all. That's why no matter what we do, I'm sure we won't satisfy everyone,
and we won't be able to make it smooth on every distro.

But I do have plans, and when I can get to them, I don't know, but it's not
a problem we're ignoring. It's a problem we've improved upon with every
release.