I'm not sure if SSH access is even supposed to work. From technical
standpoint it might not be welcome after all, given that misconfiguration
might expose ssh keys. The access methods that always worked flawlessly for
me are exporting repositories over http and direct file access. I wouldn't
bother too much with any other methods. Note that you need some http access
anyway to get raw files - either cgit or gitweb (both should be described
in the administration guide), so exporting repositories over http can be
done as a side job. Just make sure to run git-update-server-info in
post-update hooks.

--
Maciek Borzecki