You still need .reviewboardrc so post-review knows which server to talk to
in the first place. It's actually the recommended setup.

You shouldn't have to rely on NFS.

Looking over your previous e-mail, I noticed the ssh:// URL. Git actually
doesn't use this format. Rather, if you just do g...@mydomain.com:path/to/git,
it'll understand that that's SSH, and do the appropriate things. Clearly in
your case, something else is failing here. Executing the ls-remote command
with that path appeared to work for you, but it's not working when Review
Board does it? That smells like an SSH key configuration problem.

Can you show me exactly what happens when Review Board does it? And are you
100% certain that Review Board lists the proper SSH key in the Admin UI's
SSH page?