The generally recommended setup is to use Apache with mod_wsgi, but there's
also wsgi support for nginx, plus services like gunicorn or uwsgi (though
we don't provide any official support for these).

I don't know for a fact that fastcgi is the culprit. It's just the one
thing that stood out from what I know about your configuration that differs
from mine.

>From Googling around, I can see that this was a known error with older
versions of Paramiko (1.7.x from the looks of it). I'd imagine 1.12.1
should be new enough. It doesn't look to be a bug with Review Board itself.

What happens if you attempt to SSH into that server (or another) using
'rbssh' instead of 'ssh'? Do you see the error?