Okay. There's something I want to have you try to rule out fastcgi. We're
going to run Review Board's single-threaded devserver and see if it's
susceptible to the same problem. That will help narrow down if it could be
fastcgi or if it's definitely not.

Run:

    rb-site manage /path/to/site runserver 0.0.0.0:8080

Then connect and repeat the attempt. If you get the same error, it's most
likely a Paramiko bug somewhere. If it's gone, then it's yet another bad
interaction with fastcgi.