On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 07:32 -0800, Justin Palmer wrote:
> > "didn't work"
>

> Meaning that the same display problem occurred after first installing
> Review Board via Yum.
>

> > "isn't kept up to date"
>

> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 6.0 (Final)
> # yum list ReviewBoard
> Available Packages
> ReviewBoard.noarch                       1.7.27-1.el6
> epel

Ah, right. The problem with CentOS 6 is that a lot of the dependencies
in the distribution are old. I have been working on backporting 2.x to
that distribution, but it's slow going. I keep EPEL 7 up to date though.

> Installing via easy_install allowed me to pick up 2.0.12.
>

> > generally release updated versions into the epel-testing repository
> within 48 hours
>

> That's great! Thanks for this work. Native package management is
> definitely easier on users.

Yeah, that's my thought as well.

> > *should* be the preferred way to run Review Board on RHEL/CentOS 7
>

> I know that enterprise Linux distributions prefer not to change major
> versions, apis, etc. So while keeping up to date is a nice goal, you
> may hit resistance. I suppose that's when you introduce a number after
> the package name, e.g. ReviewBoard3. :-)

Well, this is more a matter of getting the dependencies packaged. Review
Board has a very good upgrade path and backwards-compatibility, so it's
definitely a candidate to update once I can get the dependencies lined
up properly.

> Christian stopped responding. I wonder if he ran out of ideas. Has
> anyone else deployed on RHEL/CentOS lately? How'd it go?

I've deployed it on RHEL 7 numerous times. The thing you might be
hitting is SELinux; right now we have no SELinux policy shipped with
Review Board, so it's possible that some of the content is getting
blocked. Can you try running 'sudo setenforce 0' and see if that clears
things up?

I'm working on making some changes on the Fedora side of things so that
if you deploy a site into /var/lib/reviewboard/sites, it will get all
the appropriate SELinux labels. This is not ready yet, but hopefully
within the next month.