On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Venkat Mangudi <s...@venkatmangudi.com>wrote:

> I agree that it is snobbish to say that cheap wine is bad . Case is point
> Sula Mosaic and Sante from Grovers. Rs 400 a bottle, eminently drinkable.
> There is a port from Sula called 'port 1000'. Rs 137 a bottle. Great after
> an hour of drinking. :) not bad relly, especially compared to one from
> Heritage for the same price. Been a nice wine journey in India for the last
> 5 years.
> -Venkat

I propose  that the next time Charles comes here we ply him with nothing
but cheap Indian wine. Charles, thou art done for!

But I have a friend who is always prepared for such eventualities. He rolls
the hosts' wine around his tongue, and slowly brings out the word,
"In-ter-es-ting", with a thoughtful look, and adds, "Can't say anything
more, I just had some spicy snacks before getting here."  Host is always
pleased. My friend does this with a straight face, and he doesn't try this
on close friends.

Venkat, on any topic, if you know the jargon and sprinkle the conversation,
words can be mistaken for knowledge. Rarely is the self-confessed expert
held to his or her words; we are too polite for that. But buttshil has a
way of slowly smelling....