>From an alternative health site's section on stroke prevention:

"A study released in the January 17, 2001 issue of the "Journal of the American
Medical Association" suggests that fatty fish and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty
acid, such as that found in fish oil and flaxseed oil, may be as effective as
daily aspirin therapy at reducing the risk of thrombotic stroke, but without
the side effects of aspirin therapy.

Findings applied primarily to thrombotic strokes. The study found no
association between consumption of fish or omega-3 fatty acids and the risk of
hemorrhagic stroke."

---- Dorothy Fitzpatrick <d...@deetroy.org> wrote:

=============
I don't take Omega 3 because of the risk of it going rancid in the body after
ingestion, if not before.  My husband had a couple of ischaemic attacks when
given this--on two occasions with gaps in between.  I haven't given it to him
since and he has been ok (touch wood)  dee

On 12 Mar 2010, at 17:25, Marshall Dudley wrote:

> although I found a number of products that combine these two I could not find
> any references that indicate that Omega 3s improve the absorption of D3 ( or
> is it the other way around? ).  Does anyone have a site that talks about this?
>
> Marshall

Archives: