Hello again Maurice.

I am sorry to say that killing Softimage is the worst decision ever made by
Autodesk, as Autodesk does not have a true alternative for a better
software than Softimage.  Maybe Maya is stronger than Softimage in other
aspects, but the ones that we care as artists/users Maya is not.

People like me and others that since Autodesk acquired Softimage gave Maya
a chance to prove it is a better tool.  Unfortunatley Maya failed.

People that all his life used Maya and never care to give Softimage a real
try, because they thought it was not worth it, will never know what they
have been missing.  So for them it is easy to stick to an intrincate
workflow as they are used to.

To be honest with you, after carefully analyzing the reasons Autodesk is
telling us of why they decided to terminate Softimage, none of then makes
sense at full.

If I were to end a product line that recently started to be more recognized
and sucessfull, it is only because I have a better product to offer.  And
that is not the case here.  Again, sorry to say so, but Maya or MAX in
anyway are better products than Softimage.

Until now you only have some "experiments" going down the line. Without
something real to offer us.

That is why most of the people are looking for even some combo options from
other manufacturers.

Again,  I will say reconsider this "strategic decision"

Keep fixing the bugs, and open the SDK.

Cheers!

Emilio Hernández   VFX & 3D animation.