I have a flat grid which is enveloped so it folds into a paperplane. Before the
envelope op I have a push operator which bends the paper between each folding
edge using a weight map so it does not push folding edges. This provides the
slightly bent surfaces you will see on a real paperplane.

This looks pretty much like what I want, but I would just like to add a bit of
thickness to the paper, and here comes the trouble.

I can't add thickness to the grid without breaking the envelope or crashing XSI
dependant on which thickness op I use.

So I have copied the grid and added thickness, then want to use the first grid
as cage deformer. This works fine too, but for some reason the deformed object
is not deformed by the push op on the cage geo. I have tried moving the cage op
from modeling to animation stack, but still no go.

I dont understand why it does not work in the first place, but that aside, does
anyone here know a fix or workaround?

Thanks.

Morten