Now you're just being mean..... ;-P

Rob

\/-------------\/----------------\/

On 13-10-2016 14:17, Artur W wrote:
now do that in Maya.

Artur

    Please ignore. I found that I needed to move the push op from
    modeling to animation on the cage deformer - problem solved.

    MB

    <x...@colorshopvfx.dk <mailto:x...@colorshopvfx.dk>>:

    > I have a flat grid which is enveloped so it folds into a
    paperplane. Before the envelope op I have a push operator which
    bends the paper between each folding edge using a weight map so it
    does not push folding edges. This provides the slightly bent
    surfaces you will see on a real paperplane.

    > This looks pretty much like what I want, but I would just like
    to add a bit of thickness to the paper, and here comes the trouble.

    > I can't add thickness to the grid without breaking the envelope
    or crashing XSI dependant on which thickness op I use.

    > So I have copied the grid and added thickness, then want to use
    the first grid as cage deformer. This works fine too, but for some
    reason the deformed object is not deformed by the push op on the
    cage geo. I have tried moving the cage op from modeling to
    animation stack, but still no go.

    > I dont understand why it does not work in the first place, but
    that aside, does anyone here know a fix or workaround?

    softimage-requ...@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage-requ...@listproc.autodesk.com> with