I rather don’t invest in plugins if you can avoid it (that is just me), plus
you get a Houdini’s full toolset that in the future will surely prove useful…
plus the price is not that dissimilar (you will need the full FX license though)

Have a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJKKgJSNhY
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJKKgJSNhY>

Some more particles - Divergence