On 2012/02/13, at 5:02, Cameron Byrne wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2012 7:14 PM, "Satoru Matsushima" <satoru.matsush...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 2012/02/11, at 15:30, Cameron Byrne wrote:
> >
> > --snip--
> > >
> > > I find this omission disappointing. There is a common assumption that
> > > stateless is superior to stateful, but it is not quantified anywhere.
> > >
> > > It seems all this stateless work hinges on this assumption without any
> > > quantification.
> > >
> > > Honestly, the omission makes me believe the case of stateless being
> > > superior is dubious.
> > >
> > > Cb
> >
> > Do you think that it is productive productive analysis that comparison of
> > stateless between stateful? Current motivation draft stands not to beat
> > other solutions, it stands for justifying to start stateless solution work
> > on the WG so some proponents of stateless solution took a pen. My question
> > is that if the comparison is productive for something, who should work for
> > it, and who should read it.
> >

> I assumed this explanation and comparison would be easy for the stateless
> experts.  I looked to this as a learning opportunity for me.
>
> I agree with you and RD, there are many good solutions that fit this problem
> space and I do not intend to slow progress.
>
> If it is difficult  and the differences in merit cannot be easily  quantified
> between stateful and stateless , I accept that as an answer.

I agree that the proponents of statless can work for the comparison, but also
stateful proponents too.
Does who can work means equal to who should work, which sides is better to
explain it for the fairness? Maybe both?

> I suggested they be compared since opposites frequently help define each
> other. Black helps define white just as cold helps define hot.  I had assumed
> this was true for this case as well. Perhaps I was wrong.

Agree. but when do we need it? 6rd vs L2TP, OSPF vs ISIS, LDP vs RSVP, etc,
etc.,

> Thanks again for your contribution.

you too, thanks.
--satoru