Rocci,
Glad to see you made it back safely from Nashville, and it was great to meet there and put a face with the name. By the definition in section 3.3.2 of NFPA 14 [2013 ed], the pipe you describe is a "branch line." Section 6.1.2.5 of that document advises that you need to follow NFPA 13 to provide protection against damage from earthquakes. Lateral bracing for that line is not required per NFPA 13 [2013] 9.3.5.5.1, as it is not a branch line 2½" or larger. Longitudinal bracing for that line is not required per 9.5.6.1 as it is not a feed or cross main.
    My opinion only.  Please see the disclaimer below.
sincerely,
*Ken Wagoner, SET
*Parsley Consulting***
*350 West 9th Avenue, Suite 206
*Escondido, California 92025
*****Phone 760-745-6181*
Visit our website <http://www.parsleyconsulting.com/> ***
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This correspondence is not a Formal Interpretation issued pursuant to NFPA Regulations. Any opinion expressed is the personal opinion of the author and does not necessarily represent the official position of the NFPA or its Technical Committees. In addition, this correspondence is neither intended, nor should it be relied upon, to provide professional consultation or services**
**
**It should be noted that the above is my opinion as a member of the NFPA Automatic Sprinkler System Hanging and Bracing Committee in accordance with the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects and should therefore not be considered, nor relied upon, as the official position of the NFPA or its Committees*