On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexey,
>
> I read this sentence, but it didn't help.
> So I suppose there's a bug in PRAGMA journal_mode logic
> Steps to reproduce.
>
> 1. Create an empty base with some table.
> Look at the 18,19 offsets, they both = 1, it's ok, the base is compatible
> with full range of sqlite3 versions.
>
> 2. Do PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL; , it returns wal, so WAL is set.
> Look at the 18,19 offsets, they both = 2, the base no longer compatible
> with
> older versions, checking... yes, they say "encrypted" or something.
> Query PRAGMA journal_mode; alone (just to check not set) , it still says
> "wal", ok
>
> 3. Close the database. offsets 18,19 still = 2, so the WAL setting are kept
> between sessions.
>
> 4. Open the db again, offsets 18,19 still = 2,
> query PRAGMA journal_mode; it says  "delete", but definetely should return
> "wal".

You want "PRAGMA main.journal_mode"

A "PRAGMA journal_mode;" (without the "main.") shows you the default journal
mode used by newly created databases, which is always "DELETE" unless you
have changed it with a prior "PRAGMA journal_mode=MODE" command.

Though, I will admit, this is confusing, and I was thinking last night about
ways we could possibly change it....