> Remove the WAL mode from "PRAGMA journal_mode".  The journal_mode pragma
> only specifies the various rollback journal modes.  Enable the WAL using a
> separate pragma such as  "PRAGMA wal=ON; PRAGMA wal=OFF;"

It's more clean I think. With wal=on and journal_mode=delete SQLite may
delete WAL journal before the last connection is closed and so provide
backward compability (of cource, only new SQLite versions can restore the
crashed databases). With wal=on and journal_mode=persist SQLite may use
persistent WAL journal without backward compability reasons.
--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/